Connaught Place Studio was founded in 2002 by Ruth Howard
and Alan Madras. Both long-time
amateur photographers, Ruth's first camera was a Kodak Brownie box camera which she
received at the age of 6. Alan started at the age of 13 with a Zenit E SLR.
Ruth and Alan have combined their passions for travel and photography in Connaught Place
Studio. They borrow photographic themes from the world around them: natural
beauty, spirituality, architecture, and the zeitgeist of wherever they are at.
The Studio is a small enterprise operating in Toronto, Canada. Most of Ruth and Alan's photographs
were made with digital equipment, but the older ones were taken on film and scanned at very high resolution.
All printing and framing is done in-house.
All of the Studio's images are available for purchase in several different formats:
- Digital prints in any size up to 18x12 inches.
- Framed prints, 10x7 or 18x12 inches, with 3 or 4 inch mats, respectively. Frames are classic black wood.
- Greeting cards - images are 5x3.3" prints mounted on very high quality card stock with
deckle edge and matching envelope.
- Custom printing and framing with your own files or frames.
Note that not all images are available in large sizes. A few are made from less-than-pristine negatives, and although
most of the images are reproduced full-frame, a very small number are cropped, and thus have not retained
Connaught Place Studio can also do custom work, including:
- Printing from customer files or negatives
- Design of invitations, flyers and business cards with photographic and text motifs
- Standards-compliant web page construction -
Photo of the photographers by Trina Koster
of Guelph, Ontario, Canada.